top of page

History

The Argonne was built at the corner of 17th and Grand in 1919 when this area of Grand Ave housed the original "Auto Row" in Des Moines.  It was built to house people working at the Ford plant across the street, which is now the Des Moines Schools Central Campus.  With 4 stories of apartments above its street-level retail, the Argonne's first-floor retail space used to house a Packard showroom and a Cadillac repair shop.

bottom of page